The Second Wind For Life Initiative’s core values represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do. These values are core to the way all of us work to achieve SWFLI’s mission and aspirations, thereby making SWFLI a unique and special place to work.
1. Creativity and Hope – A belief in God that brings a sense of hope and leads to creative approaches and new ideas which come to fruition.
2. Family - A belief that family is of fundamental importance and that a healthy work/life balance must be maintained.
3. Community – A belief that we are our community’s keeper. This means that we collaborate with other agencies and partners in the community to commit to work together effectively to serve the larger community. Therefore, complimenting the existing resources available in the community rather than duplicating them.
4. Sustainability – A belief in recognizing the value of our staff. This means investing in our staff by providing learning opportunities, as well as compensation and benefits that are adequate to sustain staff members and their families.
5. Integrity and Accountability – A belief in being consistent in achieving our missions and being accountable to all of our stakeholders. This means being honest and transparent, and reflects an alignment between what we say, what we do, how we do it, and how we accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions.
6. Good Stewardship – A belief in being a good steward of human and financial resources. This means we use carefully the time and talents of those working with SWFLI, and we spend wisely the funds invested in us.
7. Excellence - A belief that constantly challenging ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance will allow us to achieve greater impact.
8. Service Beyond Self – A belief in being focused, dedicated, timely and reliable. This means that we strive to create an environment in which our clients feel heard, safe, respected, and supported.
9. Empowerment – A belief that the use of knowledge is power. This means nurturing the spirit of our clients by recognizing and celebrating successes as well as assisting them to learn from their failures. This also means that our client’s souls will flourish in health wholeness.